- Published: Monday, 19 March 2018 23:04
- Written by RideauBathtub
- Hits: 10487
The process starts with an industrial wash, after the bathtub is washed we acid etch the enamel.
The acid etch brings the enamel to a faintly rough surface comparable to a chalkboard.
All caulking is removed.
We fill any chips and mask up the bathroom with drop cloths and then install a turbine to remove all odors.
After the bathroom is masked off we apply 2 coats of primer on the bathtub, after the primer is dried we spray on 3 coats of Porcelain Enamel.
Some Bathtub Reglazing companies may tell you they spray on more than 3 coats, more is not always better as too much will crack the glaze after it cures.
We then remove our drop cloths, apply new caulking.
The total time to reglaze a bathtub is approximately 4 hours depending on its current condition.
Once the process is complete your bathtub can be used the next day.
Our Reglazing Costs
- Bathtub reglazing : $349.00 + H.S.T.
- Surrounding bathtub tiles : $349.00 + H.S.T.
- Reglazing of the bathtub and the surrounding tiles : $638 + H.S.T.
- Walk-in, enclosed shower stall : $399.00 + H.S.T.
- Remove existing glaze, if any : $75.00 + H.S.T.
- Interior and exterior of claw foot bathtub including feet : $638 + H.S.T.
(Your clawfoot bathtub will need to be delivered to our location, please contact us to arrange a appointment to ensure that we are present to welcome you !)
These are our final prices with no hidden or additional costs